Kim Mauch has over a decade of experience absorbing the ins-and-outs of effective mailing preparation and submission processes with a heavy emphasis on new USPS technologies including Intelligent Mail and electronic documentation.
In her current role as postal products specialist for Quadient, Kim educates customers on how to efficiently meet the latest USPS regulations.
She has presented at MailCom, National Postal Forum and numerous educational forums, including full-day channel training sessions, online webinars and high-profile customer training programs.
If you’re looking for new ways to promote your business and gain postal discounts, USPS is offering a small window of opportunity this summer. You can gain a small discount for your mailings that contain a mobile barcode, which can help market your products on the wide array of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices that are becoming more popular each day. While this promotion has a lot in common with the 2011 summer QR barcode sale, there are a few important differences. Here’s a quick summary:
- You’ll need to sign up for the promotion on the Business Customer Gateway.
- The discount applies for mailings that are sent between July 1 and August 31, 2012.
- You’ll need to include a mobile barcode on each piece in your mailing. Last year, the promotion only supported QR barcodes. This year you can also use Microsoft Tag codes, and even certain Intelligent Mail barcodes, to qualify for the discount.
- The barcode must be scannable by a mobile device and must redirect to a mobile-enhanced website.
- In addition to being mobile friendly, the site must either:
- Be personalized to the recipient of the mail piece or,
- Allow the user to purchase a product directly on their mobile device.
- Discount is available for First-Class and Standard Mail letters, flats and postcards.
- Mailing documentation must be submitted electronically via Mail.dat, Mail.xml or Postal Wizard.
- Intelligent Mail barcodes are required on all qualifying pieces.
- If you meet all these requirements you will receive a flat 2% discount on your entire mailing.
If you use Satori Software mailing products you can get this discount by checking the “Mobile Barcode Promotion” option in your sort setup. For more details, enter “mobile barcode” in the search bar on our Support page.