Content Marketing Manager (1 yr contract)
Content Marketing Manager (1 yr contract)
Markham, L3R0B8, Ontario, Canada
Two decades ago, Bill Gates declared “Content is King”. At Quadient, we believe content is everything. Exceptional content is what drives our business forward.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Manager to fill a one-year contract position. This role will collaborate with the VP, Corporate Marketing and Content Marketing Manager to help execute Quadient’s content marketing plan for the 2018 fiscal year.
A key member of the Corporate Marketing team, this creative individual is an exceptional writer, has extraordinary project management skills, and is an energetic team player. The successful candidate for this position requires the ability to work with key internal executives and third party resources, manage complex projects, and prioritize tasks to deliver on key goals.
- Develop an understanding of the industry, our target verticals and key buyer personas, and work with internal and external resources to create engaging content to effectively attract them into our marketing funnel.
- Own the revitalization of top-performing thought-leadership content to drive incremental value, including blog posts, infographics, articles and more.
- Help with the creation and delivery of impactful sales support collateral, including brochures, and sales presentations.
- Assist in the maintenance and distribution of the content marketing calendar.
- Support the refreshment of content for customer nurture campaigns to keep customers engaged.
- Craft copy for native advertising and social media channels to help promote key content pieces.
- Establish and manage strong working relationships with colleagues, relevant stakeholders and other business partners.
- Work with internal subject matter experts and 3rd party resources (including freelancers, analyst firms and industry thought leaders) to create, design, publish and promote thought leadership pieces (such as white papers and eBooks) to meet critical internal KPI’s.
- Repurpose new and top-performing thought leadership content in unique and creative ways.
- Assist in the distribution of content via the website, Pardot and the sales enablement platform.
- Work with the design and web team to paginate and publish new content.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure content is published and promoted across all channels.
- Update and help distribute the content calendar on a monthly basis as required.
- Work closely with the Field Marketing teams to ensure new content is communicated for localization and translation purposes.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing Management team to support content creation for product launches.
- Ongoing tracking, reporting and analysis of content performance
- You are energetic, passionate and always on-the-go. This position requires an above-average amount of energy, commitment and ability to execute.
- You are passionate about what you create, and challenge yourself to create content that will resonate with our audiences.
- You have strong planning and organizational skills.
- You like to explore new content marketing tactics and strategies.
- You have a start-up mentality and are excited about rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You are a strong communicator, and work well in teams with different perspectives and ideas.
Knowledge & previous experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on communications, marketing or journalism.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable content marketing experience, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command for the English language.
- A writer and a storyteller. The ability to create engaging stories using words and images.
- A project manager. You are able manage complex projects and deliver against tight deadlines.
- A content-repurposing guru. You have the ability to revitalize top-performing content in new and unique ways to drive incremental value.
- A marketer. You understand where content fits into the marketing funnel, how to measure the ROI and communicate the results.
- Tech-savvy. In this role you must be able to work with multiple platforms including Marketing Automation Systems (Pardot), Content Management Systems (Drupal), Sales Enablement Tools (SAVO), Content Recommendation Engines (BrightInfo) and more to publish and promote content across all channels.
- An executor. Execution is imperative on this high-performing team.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.