Seattle, 98101-2676, Washington, United States
Quadient is currently looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team located in Seattle.
Does Continuous Improvement with a goal of Continuous Delivery get you excited? Then we have an exciting career and growth opportunity for you!
We are looking for a motivated Engineer with a thirst for learning, teaching, developing and implementing elegant solutions that allow us to continue providing best-in-class service to customers. Whether you already possess extensive DevOps experience or just have strong technical skills and want to add DevOps experience to tie it all together, we have an attractive and exciting position for you!
As part of our DevOps growth, Quadient is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, technical mind who wants to join an established and successful company where their impact will be seen and recognized. The successful candidate who joins our team will participate in the entire spectrum of development-to-operations – performing development and testing work while also participating in research, development and continuous improvement activities across build, deploy, monitor and support.
The ideal candidate has passion for the principles of DevOps (i.e., automation, continuous improvement, agility), and has experience with hosted as well as Azure infrastructure, managing and administering high-availability SaaS systems, creating and automating repeatable processes, and thinking outside the box to create elegant solutions.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- 1+ years of experience working with high-availability, secure, mission-critical systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A passion for Enterprise cloud technologies (Azure)
- Experience working with DevOps and/or Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience working on enterprise-scale deployments with strict adherence to change management processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some or all of: Linux, Docker, Windows Server, Azure, AWS (all preferred, not mandatory)
- Configuration management and deployment systems
- Monitoring solutions for internal and external systems.
- Diagnosing and resolving performance issues and bottlenecks
- Scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell)
- Databases (SQL, ElasticSearch, …), .NET, REST and SOAP based web services, and event-based messaging and architecture
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication, with a collaborative attitude toward working with internal and external (e.g. vendors, partners and regulatory entities) team members.
- Other tools and technology in use: C#, Java, Jenkins, Splunk, Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence, LogicMonitor, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Bonus knowledge of technologies including (or similar to): Kubernetes, Chef, Vagrant, Microservices
Why would you want to join us?
A career with Quadient includes work/life balance, ongoing support, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are looking for a collaborative and dynamic team environment with potential career growth opportunities within a growing global organization, apply today to join our team.
What would you be responsible for:
- Investigate, recommend, implement and maintain DevOps tools, processes and technologies.
- Participate in development, testing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining applications in our production and staging environments
- Work with engineering teams to automate and improve build and deployment pipelines
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to 24/7 systems monitoring alerts as necessary