IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Reading, RG2 6UG, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Quadient, a leading global software business, are looking for an IT Project Manager to join a new group IT organisation, based in Reading, UK.
Reporting to the group IT Director, this exciting new role will take the lead in a number of high profile projects as part of our Digital Transformation journey, as well as supporting the IT Director with establishing IT as an enabling capability within Quadient.
To support Quadient’s continued growth and success, we are to embark on a Digital Transformation programme to transform how we use technology to support business objectives.
To aid this transformation, we are seeking an IT Project Manager to join a new group IT organisation, to lead the successful execution of IT and digital related projects, ensuring that delivered solutions meet business requirements and are successfully embedded within business operations.
The size, scope and complexity of projects will vary, with the role holder expected to lead a wide portfolio of initiatives, as well as supporting the IT Director with establishing IT as an enabling capability within Quadient.
Requirements for this role include:
- Accomplished IT Project Manager with a track record of full lifecycle delivery success across a broad portfolio of IT projects
- A practitioner of structured project management methodologies (e.g. PMI, Prince2)
- Experienced at working internationally, across functions and at a senior level
- Experienced at leading business requirements activities and adopting good practice change management approaches
- Expert supplier manager, with experience of delivering success through supplier project teams
- Ability to work on multiple IT and digital related projects concurrently
- Delivery experience in one or more of the following areas: mobile services, cloud collaboration services, infrastructure services, CyberSecurity or business intelligence
- Prepared to undertake occasional international travel
This role has the following key accountabilities:
- Project Managing the successful delivery of IT and digital projects across Quadient with activities including:
- Project initiation, ensuring clarity in project objectives and scope, and establishing appropriate project governance
- Creation of project plans, preparation of project budgets and organization of the work environment
- Work with business functions to ensure completeness and clarity of business requirements
- Day to day management of project activities, ensuring that milestones are met, quality is delivered and benefits are realized
- Ensure the controlled transition of all projects into an appropriate operations organization, with services underpinned by appropriate SLAs
- Ensure compliance with quality management and security standards, participating in audits as required
- Assist the IT Director in establishing and managing IT as an enabling capability within Quadient, by undertaking activities to establish the IT organisation including:
- Development of the IT Project Management sub-function, by implementing standards, methods and ways of working
- Establish new governance capabilities including business partnering and demand management
- Establish new enabling capabilities including implementing IT Standards, cloud architecture standards and supplier management approaches
- Day to day management of suppliers
- Maintaining effective working relationships with business stakeholders