IT Service Delivery Manager
IT Service Delivery Manager
Reading, RG2 6UG, United Kingdom
To support Quadient’s continued growth and success, the IT Service Delivery Manager is a new role within Group IT, reporting to the Group IT Director and based on Reading, UK.
The key purpose of this role is to lead the IT Service Delivery function, with accountability for ensuring the ongoing operation of secure and reliable IT services across the group. The scope of service responsibility includes all group IT infrastructure (e.g. hosting, networking), end user computing, IT security and collaboration technologies, as well as business applications which are supported by group IT (e.g. SAP, SalesForce etc).
The ideal candidate will be ITIL certified with previous experience of establishing and leading an IT Service Delivery function, and expertise in developing and operating infrastructure services. Previous ‘hands-on’ experience of delivering infrastructure services is highly desirable. Being a group IT function, the ability to manage distributed teams and third-party service providers is required, as well as experience of working in a global / multi-national environment. Quadient operates a cloud-first IT Strategy, so experience of operating cloud solutions is required.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- IT professional with at least 5 years relevant experience
- An accomplished IT Service Delivery Manager, with experience of establishing an IT service delivery organization based on ITIL good practice
- Certified ITIL practitioner to at least ITIL intermediate level or equivalent, with experience of Service Strategy, Service Design and Service Operations
- Expert in developing and operating infrastructure services in a globally distributed environment, including two or more of the following: networking, hosting, end user computing, collaboration technologies and IT security
- Extensive experience in cloud service operations
- A self-starter who will take ownership of assigned activities and drive to completion
- Experienced at working internationally, across functions and at a senior level
- Experienced people manager including managing geographically dispersed operations and supplier teams
- Expert supplier manager, with experience of contracting and driving improved supplier performance
- Resourceful, confident under pressure, and proven ability in both crisis management and expectation management
- Prepared to undertake occasional international travel
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Desirable requirements for this role include:
- Previous ‘hands-on’ experience of delivering infrastructure services
- Educated to degree level
- Project Management experience
This role has the following key accountabilities:
- Lead IT Service Management as a core capability within Quadient. Key activities include:
- Work with IT leadership to define the IT Service Strategy for the group and establish the priorities of operational teams.
- Operate a global IT service desk as the single point of contact for all group IT services.
- Ensure that all IT services operate according to ITIL aligned service management processes, covering as a minimum: Incident, Problem & Change Management, Service Introduction, Service Catalogue Management, Service Review and Service Reporting.
- Ensure that all group IT provided services are underpinned by Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and work with internal and third-party teams to ensure services operate within agreed SLA targets.
- Perform regular service reviews as part of the overarching service governance framework, to ensure that services continue to support business objectives.
- Ensure IT service compliance with quality management, security standards and regulatory compliance requirements (e.g. GDPR).
- Define group-wide IT continuity plans and co-ordinate regular disaster recovery and failover testing of business-critical IT services.
- Lead the group ICT (Information and Communications Technologies) function, with responsibility for all group IT infrastructure, end user computing, IT security and collaboration technologies. Key activities include:
- Development and maintenance of the ICT Strategy as part of the overall IT strategy.
- Definition and maintenance of ICT Standards and IT Security Standards.
- Ensure the ongoing secure operation and maintenance of all ICT services.
- Undertake projects and change to ICT services as required, which will include the implementation of new ICT services as well as changing existing ICT services to ensure they continue to meet business needs.
- Perform regular disaster recovery and failover testing of business-critical IT services.
- Manage the IT Service Delivery and ICT teams, ensuring that teams are resourced in a way that is consistent with workload, budget and authorized staffing.
- Manage third-party contracts and resources, ensuring that services are delivered according to contracted requirements and service levels.
- Maintain effective working relationships with business stakeholders to ensure that IT services continue to meet business needs.
- Perform financial management and administration for areas of responsibility.
- Promote a continuous service improvement mindset and approach, seeking synergies and looking for cost reduction opportunities.
- Contribute ideas and activities into the development and overall effectiveness of IT within Quadient.