Lead Web Developer / Architect
Lead Web Developer / Architect
Markham, L3R0B8, Canada
Are you a Full-Stack Drupal Ninja?
Are you obsessed with architecting and delivering amazing online experiences?
Are you interested in learning from and working with an international marketing team?
Are you looking to stay on the forefront of enterprise-grade web development technologies?
If so Quadient, the world’s leading provider of customer communications management technology, is looking for you!
As the Lead Web Developer for Quadient, you blend technical knowledge, strategy and execution to deliver an exceptional global, multilingual online experience for our customers. You lead web projects, work through architectural design reviews and follow through into deployment and monitoring - ensuring the web architecture works in production. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly agile and collaborative workplace.
Leadership: You know how to lead the web development team and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions on architectural, technical, and design related issues.
Problem Solving: You love working with others to define business problems and come up with creative ways of solving them using web technologies. You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you thrive on finding more than one way to solve it.
Communication: You are a strong communicator, whether it is written, verbal, or presenting ideas. You also enjoy collaborating with people on different teams and continue to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration. Your job will involve not only coming up with these ideas but selling the team on your vision.
Lead Web Developer Job Duties:
- Architect, design, build and evolve our web presence
- Act as a team lead for other web developers and coordinate activities across the team
- Communicate requirements to the corporate marketing team
- Manage the relationship with our hosting provider
- Evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations
- Supports front-end users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; attending Drupal conferences and training.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years software development experience in building front-end user interfaces and web applications
- A solid understanding of the following:
- Project management tools including: JIRA / Confluence
- Back-end CMS: Drupal 7/8
- Sourcing tools: Git
- Knowledge about web infrastructure: Linux / bash
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch organization skills, including information architecture
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to multi-task daily and manage time efficiently
- Ability to meet project deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to foresee and identify potential problems for as well as solicit suggestions for improvement
- Strong desire to produce quality work/results
- Attention to detail
- Attention to work processes and standards