Remote, 98101, United States
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing strong technical and strategic solution positioning and messaging as well as assisting in all marketing functions related to positioning, messaging, and competitive product research required to deliver successful products.
This calls for competitive and market research, working with the Quadient Corporate Marketing team, working with Quadient Product Management to clarify product roadmap needs, and consulting with sales, account management, presales and customer care organizations. The goal is to ensure solution messaging is clear and effective. The Product Marketing Manager also works with customers and prospects to ensure their understanding of Quadient’s technology value propositions.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Technical field
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline is a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar function in Software industry with a focus in Banking and FSI sector.
- Or Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar function in Software industry with a focus in Cloud and SaaS.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following functions is desirable: Product Marketing, Product Management, Technical Marketing, Marketing Campaigns, Sales, Presales
- Experience in Analyst relationship is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the customer communication market, competitive solutions and general market conditions and trends is a plus
- Be the subject matter expert in entrusted vertical: eco system, players, competition
- Excellent presentation skills to be comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences
- Excellent writing skills and content management
- Strong business acumen and technology awareness
- Knowledge of project management practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated success in working within a cross-functional environment. Ability to influence and persuade
- Solid knowledge and understanding of marketing concepts and strategies as well as customer’s needs
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The Product Marketing Manager is assigned to the following tasks within the product line he/she is focusing on:
- Product/Solution Messaging & Positioning
- Define new solution directions and features to maximize market acceptance and sales potential
- Perform market research to help identify new product opportunities
- Develop and implement competitive positioning strategies and tactics
- Formulate detailed business and marketing plans to develop solutions to support the corporate strategic objectives
- Product Readiness & Launch
- Plan pre-launch activities, product launches, follow-up activities and on-going market support
- Assist in the development of marketing materials
- Modify plans to ensure all financial and business goals as well as marketing strategies are met
- Create packaging and pricing that optimizes sales productivity and customer value
- Sales Readiness
- Track and evaluate solution performance, including revenue, average sales price, etc.
- Responsible for competitive analysis of all verticals and communicate to the Sales Team
- Ensure sustainable differentiation is identified and communicated internally and externally
- Develop and maintain sales kit for direct sales and partners
- Develop programs with the Training Department to effectively train all sales, managers, service departments, etc.
- Voice of the Customer to R&D
- Engage with customers, prospects and others in the market to understand needs, position our capabilities, and be the market-facing driver of the product roadmap
- Track customer acceptance of new and existing products
- Analyst and Market’s Relations Support
- Deal with Analysts to understand the technology and market’s trends
- Discuss at high level with Analysts on their view on Related Analyst Quadrant and influence them
- As a team, support tradeshow and workshop coordination for products
- Attend key events at Executive Level
The Product Marketing Manager is a vital link between the Product Management Department (R&D), Marketing and Sales organization and must ensure the strategy of Quadient is implemented and lived in the designed products and features. This calls for a high degree of dedication towards the assigned tasks and Quadient.