Raleigh, 27511, United States
As an experienced project manager with a software engineering background, you will lead various projects and initiatives within the Quadient DXP team as well as initiatives that span multiple functional groups. You will facilitate resources as well as identify and address risks to ensure desired business outcomes are achieved within acceptable schedule and scope.
- Communicate - Maintain open, clear and constant communication among internal team, customers, and management regarding project status.
- Build Relationships - Make realistic commitments. Have honest conversations that build confidence and trust among all groups.
- Manage Schedule - Create the project plan. Analyze and communicate the impact of changes to it.
- Manage Scope - Document what is in versus out of scope. Perform analysis for changes and negotiate/recommend course of action or escalate as appropriate.
- Manage Risks - Identify, communicate and manage project risks and/or escalate to management. Anticipate problems before they occur.
- Manage Issues - Work with team members and management to resolve team issues, including escalation as appropriate.
- Get Things Done - Remove roadblocks for the team. Balance scope and schedule to meet high profile non-movable deadlines.
- Lead - Ensure project/team success by taking ownership of deliverables and assist/perform analysis, testing, support, training, or other tasks as necessary.
- Track Status - Create and distribute status reports. Ensure that project team members communicate status and issues as appropriate through stand ups and other team meetings.
- Facilitate Meetings / Scrums - Use effective meeting management skills to initiate, develop agenda, conduct, and provide minutes so that all appropriate parties are kept up-to-date regarding project status and issues. Includes Kickoff, Status, Working Session and Retrospective type meetings.
- Manage Financials - Ensure that team members are allocating time appropriately to project activities and recording accurately in approved time-tracking tool. Contribute to project financial reporting including budgetary, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Leverage Best Practices - Ensure core project management processes are being followed while also managing to project goals, resources and budget. Recommend additional best practices and process improvements
- Bs or Ms in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management
- Demonstrable experiences in running complex projects and delivering high quality deliverables.
- Possess these professional traits: strong focus on details; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven experiences working across functional teams; strong analytical skills; proactive; data and process driven; accountability.
- Understanding of Cloud environments and related technologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of project management tools for project plans and knowledge of JIRA desirable.
- Hands-on experience with data tools and dashboards is desirable.
- Experience working and leading agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)