Welcome to the Australia Post Rates Resource Hub
Australia Post International Rates from March 30 2020.
Updates are in progress for your postage meter. Please connect you meter to ensure you have the latest rates and avoid undelivered mail, or charges for underpaid mail.
On you Meter select Menu > Online Services > Generic Call.
New! USPS Proposes New 2021 Prices
A Quick Breakdown of Proposed Postage Rates
Increases are expected for First-Class letters, postcards, newspapers, and Certified Mail® with Return Receipt, as well as Media, Library and Marketing Mail. These rate changes are scheduled to take effect on August 29, 2021. Our mail experts are staying on top of all the proposed changes so we can provide ways your business can overcome the price increases.
The main takeaways:
- First-Class Mail® (Standard and Large Envelopes): Stamps will see 3-cent increase, rising to 58 cents per mail piece. Metered postage rates for letters will also rise, but only a 2-cent increase per letter to 53 cents. That's good news for meter users. You'll save 5 cents on every mail piece if you use a meter.
- Proposed Retail Price: 58¢
- Proposed Meter Price: 53¢
- Certified Mail® with Return Receipt: This will be the second major increase to Certified Mail this year, and it's significant. If approved, the Certified Mail fee is expected to increase 15 cents per mail piece, while Return Receipt will increase 20 cents. The silver lining: you can still save nearly 38% on Certified Mail costs with ConnectSuite e-Certify.
- Proposed Certified Mail fee: $3.75
- Proposed Return Receipt: $3.05
- Marketing Mail: These include printed mailings that don't get sent using First-Class Mail, like flyers, circulars, adverts, newsletters, and catalogs. Prices to mail these items will also increase, depending on the type of mail you send. Flyers and coupons may see less than a 1-cent increase, but catalogs may go up nearly 3 cents per item.
- Proposed increase on flyers and coupons: 0.5¢
- Proposed increase on catalogs: 2.9¢
- Presort Prices: The USPS has proposed raising the price of First-Class presorted postage by nearly 3 cents to 43.3 cents. Presorting invoices, statements and bills is still advantageous and cost-effective. Now might be the time to make presorting by zipcode part of your mail prep process. You can get access to postage discounts with pre-sort prices using our mail automation software Impress® Automate.
- Proposed Presort price: 43.3¢
- Proposed Meter price: 53¢