What is Parcel Pending by Quadient?
Parcel Pending by Quadient is a smart locker system that provides a secure and simple way for residents to pick up their package deliveries 24/7. What’s great about Parcel Pending is that residents do not have to wait for their concierge to be open to be able to pick up their parcel deliveries.
Anyone that receives packages should register. You can have up to 10 people, like roommates or family members, registered per account or everyone can have their own account.
If you share an apartment and want separate credit card billing, you’ll need to have your roommates or family members sign up for separate accounts.
Terms and fees vary depending on the property location where you reside. Please contact your property manager to find out more information.
Dependant on the terms set out for your property credit card information may be required if your property has set out fees for using the smart parcel locker system. If fees are charged then accounts will be required to have one credit card on file; however, every person who lives in the apartment and is on that account does NOT need to enter their credit card information. For example, if you are the primary person on the account you can add other occupants to your account. All those occupants would NOT need to provide their own credit information to receive packages in the apartment. However, all residents and occupants included in each account will be billed to the credit card on file for that account so make sure you remind everyone to pick their packages up on time.
Parcel Pending by Quadient utilises an independent provider of data security services, Stripe, to process credit card transactions. Parcel Pending does not process or retain your credit card data. The process used to capture and store your credit card data is PCI compliant.
Your community may charge fees if your package remains in the locker after the initial pickup period. Terms and fees may vary, so please check with your property manager for the terms and fees that apply to you. The good news is that now, you can pick up your packages when it’s convenient for you!
Log on to your account at: https://uk.parcelpending.com and select the option to close your account. Please note that by closing your account you will not be able to receive packages into the smart parcel locker system located at your property.
Your mailing address does not change when you use the Quadient smart lockers. You would just continue to use your home address as you do now.
The period of time that you have before a storage fee is charged, or before a package is removed from the locker and returned to sender varies with each community. Please contact your property manager to find out more about maximum storage time.
Of course, we recommend that you pick up your package as soon as you’re able to, to ensure that lockers are available for all residents and to prevent you being charged any fees.
Picking Up Your Packages
The entire process is very simple! There are three simple steps to pick-up your package:
- When you have a package delivered into the smart locker you’ll receive an email, App notifications, and/or text message, with a unique access code, letting you know that you have a parcel ready to collect from the locker
- There are three ways to collect your package:
- Enter your unique 6‐digit pick-up code at the parcel lockers screen
- Using the mobile app, you can also scan the pick-up barcode with the scanner below the kiosk’s screen
- Using the mobile app, you can press open box to automatically open the parcel locker door
- The locker with your parcel will automatically open for you to retrieve your parcel
You will need to check with your property management as every property and courier service has different procedures for this situation.
If your package is left in the locker for a period where you may incur storage fees, you can do three things:
- Have a friend, family member or neighbour pick up the package for you. All you’ll need to do is provide them with the access code and they’ll be able to retrieve it for you
- Depending on how long you’ll be away, the package may be securely waiting in the locker for you to return. Please check with your property manager for their specific policies regarding the length of time packages can remain in lockers and if any fees could apply
- If you know in advance that you’ll be away, follow the instructions in the section below to set your account to vacation mode
- Log into your account at: https://uk.parcelpending.com
- Click on the “Vacation” menu item
- Enter the dates you’ll be gone. You will have until midnight the day after you’re set to return home to retrieve your package before any storage fees begin to accrue
Generally, this means that your package is too large for the locker. If this happens, we recommend you contact your property manager and they can manually open the lockers.
As our smart lockers are not refrigerated, we recommend you pick up your package as soon as you receive the delivery notification.
You can change your locker preferences on your account at: https://uk.parcelpending.com and select that your packages be delivered to lockers below 4 feet. When delivering, your courier is notified of this preference and the system will automatically select these lockers for your packages.
You will still receive a delivery notification text or email and instructed to retrieve your package from your property’s management office or at the local courier hub, depending on your community’s policies.
Changing Your Account Settings
- Log into your account at https://uk.parcelpending.com
- Select the “Moving” menu item
- Select the “Yes” option to notify you’re moving
- Select the moving option among the 3 options available
If you’re moving to a property using Parcel Pending locker system, you can transfer your account and keep your data and settings. If there is a registration fee at your new property, your card on file will be charged. All new terms and conditions for your new property will be available on this screen.
If your new apartment community is already using the Parcel Pending locker system, all you’ll need to do is:
1. Log into your account at https://uk.parcelpending.com
2. Select the “Moving” menu item
3. Complete the required information
- Log into your account at https://uk.parcelpending.com
- Select the “Fee Management” menu item
- Go to “Payment Cards” section
- Click on the “+” sign to add a credit card
When multiple credit cards are added, you can select the primary card clicking on the star icon.
You can make any adjustments to your account via https://uk.parcelpending.com.
- Click on the “My Occupants” menu item
- Edit the name of the occupant moving out
- Locate “Moved Out?” towards the bottom of the screen and move the button to YES, then click SAVE