Complimentary IDC Market Share report
This IDC study contains estimated vendor shares for the customer communications management market for 2019. The CCM market snapshot includes revenue attained from both structured communications (delivered in batch or on demand) and interactive or ad hoc correspondence.
The report includes commentary on market growth, emerging trends, and actionable advice for CCM technology suppliers.
Significant market developments explored in this report include:
- Empathetic experiences - today's consumers want to engage with organisations in a meaningful and personal way in multiple channels (chat, social, mobile, web). CCM has expanded beyond finance and operations teams to now include marketing and sales teams supporting self-service campaign registration notices or digital contracts with a CCM solution.
- Communication services - the role of a centralised communication service offers organisations a means to deliver all communications to the customer with consistent branding and up-to-date information.
- Smart personalisation - CCM vendors are adding customer journey mapping and orchestration tools for just-in-time communications that are triggered based on a recognition of specific actions or customer interactions
- Cloud options - CCM vendors are modernising architectures and introducing modularity with microservices and hybrid cloud support
- Industry or roles-based specialisation
"The scalability, access, and collaborative nature of cloud-based communications management solutions will play an instrumental role in bolstering a market growth rate of 7.0% over the next five years.
The growing demand for dynamic, real-time communications and faster document generation has vendors modernising their architecture for the cloud. Augmented by artificial intelligence (AI) and supporting expanding conversational interfaces, CCM solutions are finding their way into new business groups to deliver consistent, timely, and personalised experiences at scale."
- Marci Maddox, research director of IDC's Enterprise Content Strategies program.