What is journey mapping?
A customer journey map is a step-by-step illustration of how your customers interact with your organization. It’s created by taking a walk in your customers’ shoes as they purchase and consume your products and services. Journey maps highlight customer needs, technical obstacles, and emotions throughout every interaction with your company.
Maps are made actionable when they incorporate:
- The customer viewpoint and perspective
- Customer feedback and artifacts that bring the maps to life
- Ownership and accountability for each step
- Data from other systems that bring analytics into the maps
What are the benefits of journey mapping?
Customer journey maps provide clarity for the entire organization by drawing a clear line of sight for both frontline and back office staff to the customer and her experience. There are a ton of benefits, including:
- Getting organizational buy-in and commitment for customer centricity
- Understanding your customers and their interactions with your organization
- Aligning your organization around a common cause (the customer)
- Breaking down organizational silos
- Getting a single view of the customer
In a nutshell, journey maps help you:
Highlight and diagnose existing issues and opportunities
Rethink existing processes and/or create new ones
Implement new experiences
Become blueprints or statements of direction
Onboarding, training, and ongoing education
Understand your customers with meaningful interactions
How we help
Quadient® brings together and activates the entire organization in the name of customer experience, through better collaboration and visibility into the customer journey.
Quadient Customer Journey Mapping™ is the only cloud-based journey mapping tool that incorporates the digital and physical touchpoints your customers interact with into your journey maps, providing visibility into every experience from one intuitive interface.