Website privacy statement
Quadient and its affiliates (“Quadient”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) is committed to respecting your privacy. We recognise that when you choose to provide Us with personal information about yourself, you trust Us to act in a responsible manner.
That is why we have published this Quadient Website Privacy Statement (also referred to as the ‘Privacy Statement’) to inform you of Our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information gathered from visitors to Quadient.com, and certain other websites controlled by Quadient (collectively "sites"). This Privacy Statement also explains the privacy rights you have in relation to these processing activities.
As used in this Privacy Statement, ‘personal information’ or ‘personal data’ means information that relates to an identified individual or to an identifiable individual. For example, this could include among other things your name, address, email address, business contact details, or information gathered through your interactions with Us via Our websites or at events. For more detail about the types of information about you that We may process, please refer to Section what information do We collect.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Neopost SA, operating under the commercial name of Quadient, and its affiliated entities are responsible for the processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
At times We may request that you voluntarily supply Us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you register for an online service or in connection with an online transaction. See more
Personal information collected by Quadient may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, and title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details or other offers you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data and other data on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes website navigation, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Aggregated Data and Google Analytics
Quadient uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
The data collection and storage can be contradicted at any time with effect for the future. For more information about the Google Analytics Terms of Service, please click here.
We may make non-personal information available to third parties, such as the number of unique visitors to our website or the typical motions visitors go through when visiting our website.
We may also store personal information about you in cookies (files which are sent by Us to your computer or other access device), which We can access when you visit Our sites in future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please check our cookies preference center. Please note that by deleting Our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of Our sites.
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send Us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
Information from Children
Quadient does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to Us. In the event that We learn that We have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us using the access request form.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Purposes for which we use your personal information for commercial and business purposes as described in this section.
The following paragraphs describe in more details Purposes for which Quadient may use your personal information.
- If you request something from Quadient, for example, product or service, a callback, or specific marketing materials, We will use the personal information you provide to process and deliver Your orders.
- We may use your personal information to support products or services you have obtained from Us, such as notifying you of a product update or fix. We may combine your information with information from other interactions with you to provide you with more valuable suggestions in relation to product support.
- To register you as a new customer or when you enter a contest or other promotional event, We may use your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so We can administer the program and notify winners.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our sites. For this reason, We may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help Us improve the design and layout of Our site and provide content of interest to you.
- To manage our relationship with you which will include; notifying you about changes to Our terms of privacy statement; to ask you to complete a survey.
- To manage the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- To market our products and services or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities. You will receive marketing communications from Quadient.
- if you have requested information,
- received a product or service,
- provided us with your details when you enquired about a product, quote, service
- registered for a promotion
And, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- You may also receive marketing material if you are on a list that has been lawfully acquired by Quadient or your information has been referred to us by a third party or colleague.
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
- Third-party marketing: Quadient does not share your data with third-parties to carry out their own marketing. Should this ever change we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Quadient for marketing purposes.
- Opting out: You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting using this form.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Quadient may share your personal data with other Quadient Affiliates, third party service providers; and according to Quadient’s legal and contractual obligations.
Sharing within Quadient:
- Quadient employees of other entities in Quadient are authorized to access your personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing outside Quadient:
- We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Quadient’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service Our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as providing certain services and features.
- Where We utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the purposes specified by Quadient.
WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
For personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is most commonly as follows:
- We need to perform the contract We are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- To keep our records updated and in order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests
- To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use of Our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
- Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data and communicating with you. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us
VISITING NON-QUADIENT WEBSITES
Depending on the place where you reside, you have privacy rights for the information We process about you. You can choose to access; correct; delete restrict; ask for portability of your personal information. See more
If you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides this right as a matter of law, You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data or (IV) ask for portability of your personal information. Where We have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
In the event you consider Our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
- Directly with Quadient by using this form
- With the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DOES QUADIENT USE?
Quadient takes appropriate precautions to protect Our users' personal information.
When you place orders or access your account information, We offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to Us. Furthermore, Quadient uses a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is processed in secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with special access rights to these systems.
Quadient is a company with operations in 29 countries and personal information is processed globally. If personal information is transferred to a Quadient recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Quadient will take measures designed to adequately protect information about you, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which We collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
Your registration information will be retained for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that We no longer use your registration information to provide you services, contact Us using access request form.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
WHAT IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO YOUR PRIVACY STATEMENT?
This Privacy Statement was last updated February 15, 2020. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to Our data governance practices and to comply with Our legal requirements. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted here with an updated revision date. We encourage you to check back periodically for any changes or updates. If We make a material change to Our Privacy Statement, We will post a notice at the top of this page for 30 days. By continuing to use Our websites after such revision takes effect We consider that you have read and understand the changes.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state or a resident in California.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have a question related to this Privacy Statement, please contact Us by using this access request form. Your message will be forwarded to the appropriate member of Quadient's Data Privacy Team, such as Data Protection Officers or members of their teams.
If you are resident in California:
To exercise Your rights described above please submit a verifiable access request to Us by either:
- Using the access request form
- Emailing Us at: PrivacyTeam@Quadient.com
In Your request, You need to provide enough information that allows Us to reasonably verify that You are the consumer that We collected information about.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) RIGHTS
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information, including the right to access, opt-out and deletion. Click here for Our CCPA Privacy Notice.
Right to Access
If you are a California resident, You have the right to request the disclosure of certain information about Our collection and/or use of Your personal information over the past 12 months. You may submit a CCPA access request using one of the methods provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt out of the sale of Your personal information by companies you do business with. We do not sell your personal information, and as such, We have not included a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on Our website.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that We delete any of Your personal information that We collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. You may submit a CCPA deletion request using one of the methods provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will delete (and direct Our service providers to delete) Your personal information from Our records, unless an exception applies.
Click here for more information about the CCPA.